The Cat on the Moon (a short story)









tree tomato

of orange color

is sweet

not very

It is a shrub

not too big

nor too tall


We had on a corner of the garden

a bench under it

there were old sounds from an age

some fables come from memory


the cat exhibitionist that climbed

a top of tamarillo

and when the light moon launched

its mysterious rays

led him to live there

I tried to see him there


once a time

I was seeking a signal

his tail

at least

anything to prove the story

as real


I heard a noise in the darkness

and something rolled near me

I did not know what there was

Was it a fruit from the egg tree?

Since my childhood

I have doubt


My grandfather appeared

and took a cat from the bushes

He gave me a golden kitty

- I think that he came from the moon. A gift.


And we called him Gold Moon.

but could have been called Gold Tomato too

I loved him


Long time after

I read about the

goddess Moon

Bastet.


I discovered many

cats name that represents

the Moon


Popular posts from this blog

When you make a mistake

To be a hawk without being it.

The technology of differentiated reproduction